Tuesday, April 1, 2014

On how to build an improved cookstove


This week, I attended a training in Moca, Santiago and we made an improved cookstove! Along with my mason, Lin, we kicked butt plastering walls together, helping a doña learn to care for her new stove and test it out. I will be writing a grant and receive funding to build 40 of my own in the neighboring town of Copey. I can't wait to take on this huge construction project! 

Group shot with the finished product!
Phase 1: The cement walls
Phase 2: Putting the puzzle pieces together with clay
Phase 3: Completing the puzzle and sticking it in good!

Phase 4: Coming soon!
Final product: Beya and the stove




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Panama: Lesson 1

It’s been 2 months and 13 days since I closed my Peace Corps service. The experts call this the “reintegration” phase and remind us that i...