Tuesday, December 10, 2013

On my Christmas pig, Canchito

I was asked to name our Christmas pig, the terror in the driveway. And so I named her Canchito. What a beauty. When I asked my host brother what he thought of her, he replied. "I'll tell you when we eat her for Christmas." Ahhhh...por Canchito.

Canchito the pig we have in our front porch to slaughter for Christmas dinner. 

 Side view of Canchito.

My project partner, Licelot, in front of our house watching as we prepare the boiling water to skin Canchito. 

My awesome family, cousin Elenne, sister/aunt Billerka, grandpa Mora, and cousin Pulley waiting to eat Canchito!

Christmas time wasn't only about slaughtering a pig! I also had a little get together with some Peace Corps friends and we had a great gift exchange, low-budget dinner and dance off. 

White Elephant style gift exchange (I ended up with a half drank bottle of cheap rum and an alarm clock with no utility to me because it uses electricity which I rarely have). 

Low-budget Peace Corps version of Christmas dinner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Panama: Lesson 1

It’s been 2 months and 13 days since I closed my Peace Corps service. The experts call this the “reintegration” phase and remind us that i...