Monday, September 9, 2013

On my life in Pantoja, Santo Domingo

They say a pictures worth a thousand words. Well this one's for Ma and Pa who sometimes have a difficult time imagining what my life here actually looks like. Below are pictures of my life in during Pre-Service Training (PST) in a barrio of the capital called Pantoja, Santo Domingo: 

My goofy sister, Kiara, on the porch where we "do yoga" together

The bathroom and bucket using for bathing and flushing the toilet! We're in a drought and the water only comes once a week so I only get one small bucket full for washing hair, body and flushing the toilet. Ah!

The kitchen - check out them dishes! ¿Pero quiĆ©n va a fregar?

My host sister Kiara putting on a mustache while we make friendship bracelets on the porch!

The back porch doubles as a living room and laundry area

Hello from the porch - doubles as my workout area!

Laundry room and kitchen table

The view of the street. 

Another view of the street! It's a pretty sketchy neighborhood but I've come to enjoy the noise, occasional gun shots and tigueres.

Our neighbors backyard. Looks like the campo!

And just in case you thought I might not make friends, here's proof that I did!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Panama: Lesson 1

It’s been 2 months and 13 days since I closed my Peace Corps service. The experts call this the “reintegration” phase and remind us that i...