Tuesday, June 10, 2014

On a week in the life!


What does a week in the life look like? Here are the highlights!

May 25th was Mother's Day in the DR and our women's group went all out, with raffle prizes donated from businesses in town, a skit, poem reading and a cake! 

Women singing a hymn at our Mother's Day celebration. Very moving.
My 8th graders had a beautiful graduation ceremony and even honored me as their favorite English teacher! Cute!
We made a nice big life size representation of the male bits with my friend Essaul from my youth group Escojo Mi Vida. Just some fun activities to learn about the reproductive system.
Last night I got puked on my this little devil child, Haydee. She was giggling so innocently while she did it so I can't even be that mad. Good thing we had water in the tank so I could shower immediately after! 

Time spent just hanging out with some of my favorite neighborhood kids. 
Stopping in to deliver some reading glasses to my favorite colmado owner, Negra. She has a hard time reading the labels and my real mom sent down some glasses that I gave to a very happy Negra!

Roy came to visit! A very relaxing and wonderful few days of R&R!


And that my friends, is just another week in the life of a health volunteer in the Dominican Republic. Couldn't be more different than cubicle life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Panama: Lesson 1

It’s been 2 months and 13 days since I closed my Peace Corps service. The experts call this the “reintegration” phase and remind us that i...